And Justice will prevail...Poetically!!!

Me, Myself and my 3rd 'I'....Justus!

Friday, February 17, 2006

And the winner is...

I see a pattern developing in the media landscape and how they protray us as black people and I dig it. Before, there wasn't a whole lot of positve back story to the people that the media embraced. And, on some level I think that could have affected how our people view success (basically thinking that it's more "who you know" or stirring up trouble to get acclaim) I mean from Biggie, to Tupac, to R. Kels, trouble has surrounded our talent.
It is a new day.
The last two years have been flooded with positive black star power. Let's start with the obvious. Denzel, Halle, and Will. Denzel and Halle of course won oscars and Will, commands the second most(behind Mr. Pitt) for a male lead in Hollywood.
I would have been happy with that, but here comes straight laced Kanye West, classically trained Jamie Foxx, and Ivey league graduate John Legend. It's important that we consider the backgrounds both socially and educationally of the people we support. We aren't in the civil rights movement or anyting but we are still thought of as being the exact same as the people who are in the know.
I can dig being compared to these people. I hope and wish them many more years of success.

Immagitatcha!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home