And Justice will prevail...Poetically!!!

Me, Myself and my 3rd 'I'....Justus!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back to civilization

I am a home body. I enjoy staying in, playing on the net and watching television. Most people I chill with think that they are home bodies until they really peep me on an everyday basis. All of them said they were home bodies but what they really meant was, 'that being that they don't have the resources to exhaust possibilties away from home, they have adapted to being content with staying home sometimes.' The difference with me is its the exact opposite.

My woman hates this about me. However we meet in the middle and I actually enjoy doing whatever with her. (that was so cute I can't stand it) My frat including my lb never really understood why I'd rather watch movies on HBO, than to go to a party or club.

Several things are needed when you are a definite homebody. One of those things is cable television. Preferably with movie channels. Give me that and high speed internet and I REALLY don't have to leave the house for entertainment.

Well recently, due to inflated expenses in our house coupled with a negative progression of income, our cable and net was shut off for about a month. I almost died. No, really. I was in blockbuster 4 times a week renting movies. They say my name when I walk in like Norm from Cheers. At one time I counted and I had 16 movies checked out at one time. SIXTEEN!!!! I had to pick up internet wheever I could. The library, my fiance's house, sistergirl panda's house, stealing wireless using my roomates laptop. I was a scavenger, but a nigga had emails to check.

I realized one thing during this trumatic period. One can only be comfortable if one can posess that which makes them comfortable. Trust, it's not as easy as it sounds. I need my cable. Even moreso than some people need new clothes or shoes. Or extra money to drink or smoke. More than some need extra money to be able to go out a few times a month. My cable bill, from here on, will be part of my monthly fiscal necessities.

The hiatus from civilization wasn't all bad though. I caught up on some movies I had wanted to check out but never did because I had cable. I also found a few new shows that I now love and won't miss because of thier spectacular first season disc that I rented and watched in one sitting. Those shows are House MD, Lost, and Grey's Anatomy. All excellent shows. Even though I've found that they lose a little zeal when you have to sit through commercials.

Since I've been back to civilization I had a friend of mine tell me that "our friendship hasn't been the same since I got my cable back" Due to me catching up on my show watching and net browsing. To that I say....well I won't say nothing. Wait till my show goes off to get a response from me.

Immagitatcha!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Rebel1 said…

    They should've never gave you niggas money. You got 16 movies because you don't return them shits. When 2 Blockbuster employees show up at your door banging like the ATF you'll know they serious.
    "Open the door,Mr Nigga! We know you're in there, just give us the tapes! I'm coming back after my break!"

     
  • At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home