And Justice will prevail...Poetically!!!

Me, Myself and my 3rd 'I'....Justus!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

March on Mi Hermano, BUT....

Youth are getting involved. I LOVE it. Since the beginning of time people have been sparked to action for a cause. The Civil rights movement has come to define a couple of generations of my people. We have come a long way ans still have far to go. Womens suffrage has sparked an equal gender campaign that was loooooooong overdue and women still have far to go. Apartheid, Haitian suffrage, Nazi Germany, the list goes on and on.

Here we are at the beginning of a new century and now Taco Bell are not the only one's making a run(or march) for the border. It's a great thing to see and I'd rather see that go on this summer as opposed to the random murders in order to receive membership into a gang that went on last summer. Or the blindly following a corrupt father figure in mass murdering from the inside of a caprice classic that went on three summers ago. These young Latino and Chicano men and women have found something they beleive in and they are cause a ruckus on behalf of it. It is what this country was built on and I think it is the healthiest thing to happen to a sector of american youth since the late 70's when Hip Hop(pure Hip Hop) spread across the inner city like the plague.

As I understand it, congress is split on border reform. Basically they are making it a felony to obtain residence, or aid in obtaining residence illegally in the United States. However there is a bipartisan back bill to go to the floor next week that allows for the legal acceptance of law abiding immigrants with aid to learn English and be placed in jobs. Now apprently these youth are up in arms because, a vast majority of them are too young to vote on the leaders that will determine thier "American" future, and most of thier parents are ill equipped to help because they themselves are illegal citizens. And here is where my BUT comes in.

Wrong is wrong and I understand that. But you have to go about righting wrongs in the right way. Furthermore I can't help but be a little selfish in saying that there are Black people, who are already American citizens who wrongs need to be righted. If congress can bring things like the border to the table and table discussions about how Blacks are on the border of systematic extinction, then something is wrong.

However I envy you young people. I urge you to stand up for what you believe in or you will fall for a lot less. I wasn't blessed to be born into a time where a major movement occured. Rappers have turned my major movement into Bling Bling, bitches, hoes, nice cars, and 'snappy' dances.

Ya'll keep on marching. I'm with ya'll in spirit. Well I'm with the soul of revolution. Even if the brain of this revolution hasn't thought things out too well.

Immagitatcha!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Rebel1 said…

    ITS GOTDAM BUSH!! We need some leaders to deal with both these issues.

     
  • At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home