And Justice will prevail...Poetically!!!

Me, Myself and my 3rd 'I'....Justus!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Not built that way

I don't mind my societal role in this nation. I feel like in most situations I can recognize what others expect from me. As a matter of fact, its just that kind of thing that is a huge virture when negotiating this minefield called life.
Actually, most of us fall into the dance as we go about our lives. Displaying intelligence when needed, sensetivity when called upon, and those rare occasions that call for an extra dash of ethnicity(read:actin like a nigga), we can kick it up a notch like Emril. At least the black people I hang around do to.
Roles get funny when the races or genders are meshed.and it makes me wonder what would happen if we could somehow crash these paradigms to the ground. I mean if we could put a little extra bbq sauce in the flex capacitor and smash the previous record of 1.21 gigawatts on our way to shattering the space time continum. Things could be, if only for a moment, different. That difference would be good sometimes. Which brings me to my point. Wtf is Ocho-cinco thinking by saying that what Phelps has and will accomplish in his utterly dominant career is nothing special?
It is no secret that the black athlete, most oft,when from blight infested backgrounds is brash, outspoken and willing to speak his or her mind. It is widely assumed that if but for a chance, there are thousands of prime athletes in the streets they managed to raise themselves from. They feel that their sport is what gave them the shot but if they had water polo in the hood then their dominant physical prowess would have them excelling at that. Pligga nease!!!!
This guy all but challenged Phelps to a swim race! A race? In water? Against aqua man? Are you serious??? Black people, and furthermore those of us with unfortunate upbringings, don't hold a monopoly on athletic talent.
Unfortuatley, the paradigm for a white athlete in america is to shrug this off, laugh about it and stay mum as to stay PC. This is where the sauce in the flex copacitor would come in. And change Phelps' mild manner ahh shucks character to a streetballer with the gift of gab. And turn a pool into an And1 blacktop. Phelps could arrive in cinncy with his squad of country club swimmers and tell mr johnson to shut up and get in the pool. And I would bet all the money I have ever made and what I will make , that it would be comical. I mean seriously. Two live stews called this guy a dolphin!!!

But it will never happen like that. Most people are content in their roles. Damn I wish though!!

Immagitatcha!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your poeticjustice63.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

    Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

    = = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

    In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

    Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
    day!!

    And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

    But how does it work??

    You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
    times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
    you're done!!

    Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
    could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

    = = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home